Setting up order placement
Once you receive a purchase intent from the user, you can place an order for the product by creating a cart, ‘adding’ the product to the cart, and submitting it using the relevant giftee’s details.
Integrate Rye into existing checkout system
There are two scenarios to focus on based on what you want the user to be able to do.
Checkout only one item at once
- Start identifying which products come from Rye and which products already exist in your current database
- For products that come from Rye, adjust your checkout flow to ask for additional information that is required by Rye to perform a successful checkout.
Checkout multiple items at once
There are three cases to deal regarding items in cart:
- Only Rye products in a cart:
- Adjust your checkout flow to ask for additional information that is required by Rye to perform a successful checkout.
- Only your products in a cart:
- Continue with your existing flow.
- Mix of Rye and your products in a cart:
- Collect all information that is required by Rye.
- When customer shipping address is added, give user the ability to select a shipping method for Rye items.
- During the payment step, complete the payment for Rye items via Rye Pay or
submitCartand use the same payment token / spreedly token to complete the payment for items from your database.
Is there any marketplace, such as Shopify or Amazon, where you can include a note with the order or offer a gift-wrap option?
We currently don’t provide the option to add notes, but we can verify if it’s feasible.